Thrive is an award winning organisation working in Teesside aiming to close the gap between the rich and the poor by supporting low-income communities to enact change.
We do this through research, mentor support and by taking local action: bringing together local people and institutions, supporting them to take action and campaign for social justice.
We have three paid members of staff, a group of 12 dedicated volunteers and a Board of Trustees with 2 advisors (7 in total) Thrive has been able to get the voice of people in poverty to those in power in a way no other grassroots organisation in Teesside has. Many organizations have spokespeople, support workers, advisors and CEO’s speaking for their service users, but Thrive, sticking to our principle of ‘never do for others what they can do for themselves’, has people with direct experience of poverty and financial and social exclusion regularly changing their community and speaking out.
We are looking for two new trustees to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to support the vital work which Thrive does, and help shape our future.Thrive-Trustee-Advert
- Poverty2Solutions Do Your Duty For Equality Briefing Paper
- Why the £20 Universal Credit increase is a vital issue for Teesside – and what our politicians say about its future. Thrive Teesside for Teesside Live
- A year of challenges and advocating for change.
- Thrive Teesside in South Wales Guardian
- Cast to end poverty- Thriving Teesside Book Launch Podcast